NFL Draft

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:22 pm

Andrew Thomas seemingly benched for the 2020 third round supplemental pick.....

switchskier
Posts: 1406
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: NFL Draft

Postby switchskier » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Mellsblue wrote:I think we’d get a 3 maybe a back end of round two. Most you read or listen think he’s definitely an above average, possibly top 10 NFL QB, and I think I agree, but it’s Trevor Lawrence. Supposedly, Belichick is very high on him......


I don't see him as a top ten quarterback. A few very pretty throws, and he can move and scramble, but he still fumbles a bit too much and I don't really see him going through his progressions. He's still got more interceptions than starts (and will for a while), and the fumbling is an issue. I wouldn't take him over Jimmy, and that's saying something given the Miami game.

If Lawrence is available then you take him. But I think that the Jets will beat you to it.

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:07 am

I don’t know why I bother. 5 hrs of sleep to watch two inept offences (though, at least they had the decency to come alive in the last 10 mins) and the Giants lose in the last minute again. At least this provided some comedic value:



Ffs.

Big D
Posts: 4189
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Big D » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:28 am

Mellsblue wrote:I think we’d get a 3 maybe a back end of round two. Most you read or listen think he’s definitely an above average, possibly top 10 NFL QB, and I think I agree, but it’s Trevor Lawrence. Supposedly, Belichick is very high on him......


I think it would be a 3rd at best. Maybe a 2 if Giants throw in a pick with Jones.

switchskier
Posts: 1406
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: NFL Draft

Postby switchskier » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:48 am

Mellsblue wrote:I don’t know why I bother. 5 hrs of sleep to watch two inept offences (though, at least they had the decency to come alive in the last 10 mins) and the Giants lose in the last minute again. At least this provided some comedic value:



Ffs.


Only watching the highlights maybe makes it look better than it was. Both sides looked like they got pressure but with the best plays coming when the QBs rolled out. Still, does the NFC East have to send someone to the playoffs?

Thought the stumble rather summed up Jones. Looks great but then messes it up in a hilarious manner.

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:48 pm

It was 90% poor. Both o-lines were out of their depth. Sadly, whilst the Eagles were a bunch of nobodies plus Kelce, that was the Giants’ first choice. Thomas was abysmal and only seems to be getting worse. The interior keeps getting better, though.

I though the same re Jones but he was virtually perfect from that point on. He’s very much a confidence player. Don’t know if it was on the replays but Williams almost wet himself from laughing. I think I’d have a word were I Judge. Jones also had a laugh but that was once the td was scored.

In Jones’s defence, I think his legs were just too fast for/surprised his body. According to Next Gen Stats that’s the highest top speed for a QB since 2018. Faster than Lamar Jackson!

switchskier
Posts: 1406
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: NFL Draft

Postby switchskier » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:44 pm

So the 49ers season is over. After getting a beat down from a pretty bad Seahawks team last night we've just lost Garoppalo and Kittle, probably for the rest of the season.

Kittle's a huge loss but in many ways I can see logic in shutting him down now. Getting him, Deebo and Bosa back for next season, with a seasons worth of development for Kinlaw and Aiyuk and we might be in a good place for 2021. I feel sorry for Garoppalo though as he's evidently not been right for weeks and I think we might move on in the off-season given how easily we can get our of his contract.

Suspect that the Giants season ends tonight against Tampa. Even in the NFC East they're not coming back from 1-7 down and you'd think they'd be selling ahead of the trade deadline. Looks like Big D's the only one with hope for this year.

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:37 pm

Wait. What. The Giants season isn’t already over?!?!?

switchskier
Posts: 1406
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: NFL Draft

Postby switchskier » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:43 pm

Mellsblue wrote:Wait. What. The Giants season isn’t already over?!?!?


You're only two games out of the lead in the division, with 3 divisional games still to come plus the Bengals. Spring a surprise tonight and you never know, 6-10 could be enough.

Big D
Posts: 4189
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Big D » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:31 am

switchskier wrote:So the 49ers season is over. After getting a beat down from a pretty bad Seahawks team last night we've just lost Garoppalo and Kittle, probably for the rest of the season.

Kittle's a huge loss but in many ways I can see logic in shutting him down now. Getting him, Deebo and Bosa back for next season, with a seasons worth of development for Kinlaw and Aiyuk and we might be in a good place for 2021. I feel sorry for Garoppalo though as he's evidently not been right for weeks and I think we might move on in the off-season given how easily we can get our of his contract.

Suspect that the Giants season ends tonight against Tampa. Even in the NFC East they're not coming back from 1-7 down and you'd think they'd be selling ahead of the trade deadline. Looks like Big D's the only one with hope for this year.


Bills D is horrible but we should get a home playoff game for the first time in forever.

Would love to trade for a DT today. Maybe Thomson from NYG for a 3rd day pick.

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Big D wrote:
switchskier wrote:So the 49ers season is over. After getting a beat down from a pretty bad Seahawks team last night we've just lost Garoppalo and Kittle, probably for the rest of the season.

Kittle's a huge loss but in many ways I can see logic in shutting him down now. Getting him, Deebo and Bosa back for next season, with a seasons worth of development for Kinlaw and Aiyuk and we might be in a good place for 2021. I feel sorry for Garoppalo though as he's evidently not been right for weeks and I think we might move on in the off-season given how easily we can get our of his contract.

Suspect that the Giants season ends tonight against Tampa. Even in the NFC East they're not coming back from 1-7 down and you'd think they'd be selling ahead of the trade deadline. Looks like Big D's the only one with hope for this year.


Bills D is horrible but we should get a home playoff game for the first time in forever.

Would love to trade for a DT today. Maybe Thomson from NYG for a 3rd day pick.

Do you mean Tomlinson? If so, I’d have thought that it’ll need to be day 2. Both he and Williams have been linked with the Bills by a couple of NYG beat writers. I can’t see how we can afford to keep both so one should/could be going.
Do you want Daniel Jones for a happy meal? He was utter shunt against the Bucs. The mood music on him from the beat writers, and even the in house podcast talking heads, flipped after the game. #tankfortrevor

Digby
Posts: 14851
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:17 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Digby » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:06 pm

Mellsblue wrote:I don’t know why I bother. 5 hrs of sleep to watch two inept offences (though, at least they had the decency to come alive in the last 10 mins) and the Giants lose in the last minute again. At least this provided some comedic value:



Ffs.



Blue 31 is a lucky fecker. If Blue 21 was as lazy the QB might still have scored even with the trip. That is quality comedy however

Big D
Posts: 4189
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Big D » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:11 pm

Mellsblue wrote:
Big D wrote:
switchskier wrote:So the 49ers season is over. After getting a beat down from a pretty bad Seahawks team last night we've just lost Garoppalo and Kittle, probably for the rest of the season.

Kittle's a huge loss but in many ways I can see logic in shutting him down now. Getting him, Deebo and Bosa back for next season, with a seasons worth of development for Kinlaw and Aiyuk and we might be in a good place for 2021. I feel sorry for Garoppalo though as he's evidently not been right for weeks and I think we might move on in the off-season given how easily we can get our of his contract.

Suspect that the Giants season ends tonight against Tampa. Even in the NFC East they're not coming back from 1-7 down and you'd think they'd be selling ahead of the trade deadline. Looks like Big D's the only one with hope for this year.


Bills D is horrible but we should get a home playoff game for the first time in forever.

Would love to trade for a DT today. Maybe Thomson from NYG for a 3rd day pick.

Do you mean Tomlinson? If so, I’d have thought that it’ll need to be day 2. Both he and Williams have been linked with the Bills by a couple of NYG beat writers. I can’t see how we can afford to keep both so one should/could be going.
Do you want Daniel Jones for a happy meal? He was utter shunt against the Bucs. The mood music on him from the beat writers, and even the in house podcast talking heads, flipped after the game. #tankfortrevor


That's the one.

I can't see anyone giving a 2 or a 3 for a ayer with 9 games left on his deal

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:22 pm

Big D wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Big D wrote:
Bills D is horrible but we should get a home playoff game for the first time in forever.

Would love to trade for a DT today. Maybe Thomson from NYG for a 3rd day pick.

Do you mean Tomlinson? If so, I’d have thought that it’ll need to be day 2. Both he and Williams have been linked with the Bills by a couple of NYG beat writers. I can’t see how we can afford to keep both so one should/could be going.
Do you want Daniel Jones for a happy meal? He was utter shunt against the Bucs. The mood music on him from the beat writers, and even the in house podcast talking heads, flipped after the game. #tankfortrevor


That's the one.

I can't see anyone giving a 2 or a 3 for a ayer with 9 games left on his deal

I was coming more from the angle of getting Gettleman to bite. He’s trying to save his job so I think will be unlikely to give up assets unless for a premium. This is the man that gave up a very early third rounder in 2020 and fifth rounder (early again!) in 2021 for 8 games of Williams’ contract to play in a 2 and 6 team.

Big D
Posts: 4189
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Big D » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:19 pm

Mellsblue wrote:
Big D wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:Do you mean Tomlinson? If so, I’d have thought that it’ll need to be day 2. Both he and Williams have been linked with the Bills by a couple of NYG beat writers. I can’t see how we can afford to keep both so one should/could be going.
Do you want Daniel Jones for a happy meal? He was utter shunt against the Bucs. The mood music on him from the beat writers, and even the in house podcast talking heads, flipped after the game. #tankfortrevor


That's the one.

I can't see anyone giving a 2 or a 3 for a ayer with 9 games left on his deal

I was coming more from the angle of getting Gettleman to bite. He’s trying to save his job so I think will be unlikely to give up assets unless for a premium. This is the man that gave up a very early third rounder in 2020 and fifth rounder (early again!) in 2021 for 8 games of Williams’ contract to play in a 2 and 6 team.


Aye but Gettleman will hopefully realise he is done and decide to help is wee pal Beane. 2029 conditional 7th it is :twisted: :D

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:27 pm

Big D wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Big D wrote:
That's the one.

I can't see anyone giving a 2 or a 3 for a ayer with 9 games left on his deal

I was coming more from the angle of getting Gettleman to bite. He’s trying to save his job so I think will be unlikely to give up assets unless for a premium. This is the man that gave up a very early third rounder in 2020 and fifth rounder (early again!) in 2021 for 8 games of Williams’ contract to play in a 2 and 6 team.


Aye but Gettleman will hopefully realise he is done and decide to help is wee pal Beane. 2029 conditional 7th it is :twisted: :D

Sadly, I wouldn’t rule it out!

switchskier
Posts: 1406
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: NFL Draft

Postby switchskier » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:02 pm

My man Alex Smith gets to start an nfl game again tonight, two years after almost losing his leg. The scary thing is that he might still be the best QB that Washington has.

Not staying up to watch us take on the saints though, it could be ugly. Of the offense that started against NO last year only the RT, LG and fullback will start. The only player with a stat on the box score who will play, will do so for NO.

Big game for NY tonight and for those of us that hope that the NFC East sends a team with a losing record to the playoffs. Would be very NY to screw up draft position by winning.

Thought that this article was a fascinating insight into why those head coaches who have come out of the Patriots have struggled. Instructive for Joe Judge potentially. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/291 ... in-detroit

Bills against Cardinals could be game of the week though. Big test for the latter.

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:16 pm

switchskier wrote:Big game for NY tonight and for those of us that hope that the NFC East sends a team with a losing record to the playoffs. Would be very NY to screw up draft position by winning.

and screw it up we did. The team has come on leaps and bounds over the last month and I’m looking forward to what happens after the bye week. I truly believe we are one good draft and free agency away from a winning season. That assumes we keep nearly all of the current roster and coaching staff together, Saquon comes back fit and healthy and Jones keeps on improving (he had a game last night).
Then again, the win could not only screw up the draft position but also lead to Gettleman keeping his job....
Brian Baldinger thinks we’re now favourites for the division.

switchskier
Posts: 1406
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: NFL Draft

Postby switchskier » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:55 pm

Mellsblue wrote:
switchskier wrote:Big game for NY tonight and for those of us that hope that the NFC East sends a team with a losing record to the playoffs. Would be very NY to screw up draft position by winning.

and screw it up we did. The team has come on leaps and bounds over the last month and I’m looking forward to what happens after the bye week. I truly believe we are one good draft and free agency away from a winning season. That assumes we keep nearly all of the current roster and coaching staff together, Saquon comes back fit and healthy and Jones keeps on improving (he had a game last night).
Then again, the win could not only screw up the draft position but also lead to Gettleman keeping his job....
Brian Baldinger thinks we’re now favourites for the division.



You're not out of the division by any means. I don't even discount Washington at this stage as I think that they just upgraded at QB and that Detroit are more talented than their record.

I see that you also picked up Dante Pettis after we cut him. I always liked him, and think that we made a big mistake in giving up on him last year but Shanahan is actually quite stubborn. Pettis has real ability to get open but the knock on him is that he isn't wedded to football (which is a daft reason to cut someone in my book) and that he plays soft sometimes. Hope that it works out for him in NY.

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:35 pm

All charges against Deandre Baker have been dropped. Details are sketchy but it looks like it was an attempt at extortion/blackmail. If he comes back with his head screwed on, someone will pick up a good corner on the cheap.

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:29 pm

switchskier wrote:Thought that this article was a fascinating insight into why those head coaches who have come out of the Patriots have struggled. Instructive for Joe Judge potentially. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/291 ... in-detroit
.

and Patricia is gone.

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:18 pm

:shock:


switchskier
Posts: 1406
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: NFL Draft

Postby switchskier » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:23 am

Mellsblue wrote::shock:



And the Broncos have no QBs for a game against the Saints tomorrow, exactly the defense you want to face in that scenario. They're talking about playing a third choice wide receiver or running back.

The Lions job should be a pretty attractive one. There's a good quarterback and plenty of talent at the skill positions. After Particia any coach coming in should seem a bit more empathetic too, giving an easy boost.

Bienamy being heavily rumoured to the Texans I see. Seems to be the name at the top of most lists atm.

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 11799
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: NFL Draft

Postby Mellsblue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:05 am

switchskier wrote:
Mellsblue wrote::shock:



And the Broncos have no QBs for a game against the Saints tomorrow, exactly the defense you want to face in that scenario. They're talking about playing a third choice wide receiver or running back.

The Lions job should be a pretty attractive one. There's a good quarterback and plenty of talent at the skill positions. After Particia any coach coming in should seem a bit more empathetic too, giving an easy boost.

Bienamy being heavily rumoured to the Texans I see. Seems to be the name at the top of most lists atm.

Yeah, Covid starting to really take its toll. Gotta hope it doesn’t get any worse.
Yep, Lions is a nice position to land. Everything I’ve read, ie two pieces (!), reckons the owners were happy with the roster the GM built but he lived or died on the Patricia appointment.
As a Giants fan, I’m not bothered who their new HC is, as long as it’s not Graham, it’s the worry they take a potential GM off the market. That said, there is lots of mood music that Gettleman’s job is becoming safer by the week. Gulp.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests