Good TV Shows

Numbers

Re: RE: Re: Good TV Shows

Postby Numbers » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:32 am

Which Tyler wrote:
WaspInWales wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:Sex Education - so inappropriate
Funny, but I can't get my head around there being a huge American high school in the Forest of Dean, when I know that the 2 towns acting as locations have a total population about the same size as the student population of the campus used (local knowledge really doesn't help the suspesion of disbelief). No problem with the 80s setting, but it being american (except for the accents and rugby balls instead of USfootballs) just seems weird to me, and keeps pulling me out.
Filmed in and around Newport too.

Caerleon at least, that'd be the university campus - University of Wales in Newport wasn't it? and maybe a couple of the houses, mostly though it seems to be Symmonds Yat, Chepstow, with Puzzlewood & other rural FoD locations

I saw one scene which was filmed from the old railway bridge in Tintern.

Which Tyler

Postby Which Tyler » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:12 pm

Numbers wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:
WaspInWales wrote:Filmed in and around Newport too.

Caerleon at least, that'd be the university campus - University of Wales in Newport wasn't it? and maybe a couple of the houses, mostly though it seems to be Symmonds Yat, Chepstow, with Puzzlewood & other rural FoD locations

It appears quite a lot - but I was kinda counting Tintern as counting under Chepstow / Forest of Dean

Banquo

Postby Banquo » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:01 am

Numbers wrote:
Which Tyler wrote:
WaspInWales wrote:Filmed in and around Newport too.

yep spotted that, and symonds yat

paddy no 11

Re: Good TV Shows

Postby paddy no 11 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:46 pm

Mikey Brown wrote:Might be utterly redundant to even say this at this point, but I'm rewatching the Wire and you know what? It's really, really fucking good. There are a bunch of things I either missed before, or parallels you can only really draw if you've already seen the later season.

Season 2 I had thought was a bit weak on first viewing, as I think many did- because it changed so much, but it's absolutely banging so far.

Well now who doesn't love endlessly raving about the wire

Agree on season 2 thought it was weakest first time out and might think it's the best now - Frank sabotka is an outstanding character, one of the best across the whole series