Transfer news, fake news, baseless speculation, and various levels of truthiness - Season 2019/20

Moderator: Puja

Epaminondas Pules

Re: Transfer news, fake news, baseless speculation, and various levels of truthiness - Season 2019/20

Postby Epaminondas Pules » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:32 pm

Tigersman wrote:Tigers sign Rory Jennings and Andy Forsyth on loan deals from Coventry.

Also Harry Glynn (Who apparently is meant to be quite a handy 10) to La Rochelle to play in the U23 league.
(It reads as a loan deal but doesn't say)
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/sq ... ate-200831

Doesn’t his dad run courses out in France now after leaving Tigers. Sounds like a perm deal from what I’m hearing. He’s one of several good tens to have left school. If only have Atkinson and Smith above him at school level.

Tigersman

Re: Transfer news, fake news, baseless speculation, and various levels of truthiness - Season 2019/20

Postby Tigersman » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:01 pm

Epaminondas Pules wrote:
Tigersman wrote:Tigers sign Rory Jennings and Andy Forsyth on loan deals from Coventry.

Also Harry Glynn (Who apparently is meant to be quite a handy 10) to La Rochelle to play in the U23 league.

Doesn’t his dad run courses out in France now after leaving Tigers. Sounds like a perm deal from what I’m hearing. He’s one of several good tens to have left school. If only have Atkinson and Smith above him at school level.

I mean reading the main release not sure it sounds perm at all.
“It is provides Harry an opportunity to play some rugby, while we wait for confirmation of the schedule for development squad players in the Premiership Shield competition next season and beyond, as well as where players will have chances to go out on loan at Championship or National League level.”

Epaminondas Pules

Postby Epaminondas Pules » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:04 pm

I wasn’t reading that mate. I’d just heard it might be more of a searching move for the opportunity in France rather than try Tigers.

francoisfou

Postby francoisfou » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:20 pm

Ibitoye has scored his first try for Agen in the Top14 match against Castres!

...and now a second!

FKAS

Postby FKAS » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:22 pm

Epaminondas Pules wrote:

Isn't his dad still at the club just in a reduced capacity. The rugby course thing he's had for some time I think. He owns the company anyway, don't know how much actual involvement he has on the ground.

Scrumhead

Postby Scrumhead » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:17 pm

Rob Webber has come out of retirement for Sale’s remaining games this season. Could make a big difference given how poor their lineout has been.

fivepointer

Postby fivepointer » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:25 pm

I'm sure Rob has been keeping fit and not indulging in too many pies and pastries.

Puja

Postby Puja » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:01 pm

fivepointer wrote:I'm sure Rob has been keeping fit and not indulging in too many pies and pastries.

That was my thought - he was never the sveltest of players when training in a professional environment - what's he gonna be like after retiring and having months of lockdown?!

Puja
Backist Monk

Raggs

Postby Raggs » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:02 pm

Puja wrote:
fivepointer wrote:I'm sure Rob has been keeping fit and not indulging in too many pies and pastries.

That was my thought - he was never the sveltest of players when training in a professional environment - what's he gonna be like after retiring and having months of lockdown?!

Puja

Some go the other way, they retire, and lose weight, get in fantastic shape. Have to admit, Webber isn't perhaps the first that comes to mind when I'd guess who was like that.

Beasties

Postby Beasties » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Will he be wearing the same size shirt as Andy Goode?

Mellsblue

Postby Mellsblue » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:09 pm

I cannot wait to see this.
Attachments
4BDD6FBE-E10E-45E3-AE3E-2111CC3EE5B8.gif
4BDD6FBE-E10E-45E3-AE3E-2111CC3EE5B8.gif (496.87 KiB) Viewed 732 times

Scrumhead

Postby Scrumhead » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:53 am

Could be a tall tale, but I’ve seen a few rumours floating around that Bristol are looking at Bundee Aki on a 1mth loan to cover Siale Piutau’s suspension.

Connacht’s season is over and Lam is obviously well connected there so you never know ...

jimKRFC

Postby jimKRFC » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:59 am

Scrumhead wrote:Could be a tall tale, but I’ve seen a few rumours floating around that Bristol are looking at Bundee Aki on a 1mth loan to cover Siale Piutau’s suspension.

Connacht’s season is over and Lam is obviously well connected there so you never know ...

It's not true until Fissler tweets it.

Scrumhead

Postby Scrumhead » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 pm

Rugby Pass linking Virimi Vakatawa with Gloucester and Teddy Thomas with Quins ...

Bloggs

Postby Bloggs » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:21 pm

Scrumhead wrote:Rugby Pass linking Virimi Vakatawa with Gloucester and Teddy Thomas with Quins ...

Where does it say about Thomas and Quins? Really not needed but would be very exciting

Puja

Postby Puja » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:27 pm

Scrumhead wrote:Rugby Pass linking Virimi Vakatawa with Gloucester and Teddy Thomas with Quins ...

Gloucester's main need for improving their squad being another winger.

Puja
Backist Monk

Mikey Brown

Postby Mikey Brown » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 pm

Bloggs wrote:

Where does it say about Thomas and Quins? Really not needed but would be very exciting

Haha. Yeah I don’t see Teddy Thomas being quite the thing we need to help iron out our consistency, fun as he is to watch.

Scrumhead

Postby Scrumhead » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:28 pm

Bloggs wrote:

https://www.ruck.co.uk/reports-three-ra ... hip-moves/

Sorry - it was Ruck, not Rugby Pass. Both are running very similar stories.

From a Quins POV, Thomas would be a very exciting and ambitious ‘statement’ signing, but I’d far rather we found some quality back row players to replace Robshaw and Clifford.

We also need another lock. Lewies has been a great signing for us and the partnership with Symons works well - but Cavubati and Young are a huge step down so we need another option who can provide genuine first XV competition.

Scrumhead

Postby Scrumhead » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:37 pm

Newcastle Falcons have signed Louis Schreuder (scrum half) from Sharks.

Gloskarlos

Postby Gloskarlos » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:23 pm

Puja wrote:

Gloucester's main need for improving their squad being another winger.

Puja

Centre. As far as Gloucester sees him in the main. I cannot believe we have the wonga for that kind of signing though.

padprop

Postby padprop » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:04 am

Where are glouc falling short? They have so many class players but seem to be operating well below their sum of parts. They seem to be a more disjointed version of wasps, with arguably more dangerous wingers. 12 and the front 5 is the only parts of the team that don't seem to be particularly top 4 standard, the rest of the team is mustard.

Raggs

Postby Raggs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:09 am

My complete guess would be they're running effectively unopposed backs moves with a generous "ref" in training. When There's a defence in front of them the first reciever isn't moving forward at the same pace and the outside backs are over eager. Meaning it's all forwards or attempted miss passes.

Mikey Brown

Postby Mikey Brown » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:14 am

Raggs wrote:My complete guess would be they're running effectively unopposed backs moves with a generous "ref" in training. When There's a defence in front of them the first reciever isn't moving forward at the same pace and the outside backs are over eager. Meaning it's all forwards or attempted miss passes.

Don’t worry, I’m sure Gregor Townsend will soon be pursuing legal action against them for stealing his methods.

Tigersman

Postby Tigersman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:21 am

padprop wrote:Where are glouc falling short? They have so many class players but seem to be operating well below their sum of parts. They seem to be a more disjointed version of wasps, with arguably more dangerous wingers. 12 and the front 5 is the only parts of the team that don't seem to be particularly top 4 standard, the rest of the team is mustard.

I would honestly say 15 also.

Puja

Postby Puja » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:27 am

Mikey Brown wrote:
Raggs wrote:My complete guess would be they're running effectively unopposed backs moves with a generous "ref" in training. When There's a defence in front of them the first reciever isn't moving forward at the same pace and the outside backs are over eager. Meaning it's all forwards or attempted miss passes.

Don’t worry, I’m sure Gregor Townsend will soon be pursuing legal action against them for stealing his methods.

It's weird - Alex King has done very well in two spells in France with Clermont and Montpellier, but underwhelmed as attack coach for Northampton and he's in charge of that Glaws backline. Mind, only so much impact you can have on a club this season with no real pre-season and a tight scheduled reducing training.

Puja
Backist Monk