The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Moderator: Puja

User avatar
Shiny
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:57 pm
Location: Bradford

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Shiny » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:44 pm

Squad of 29 with about tu'pence left.
The green, black and gold army.

User avatar
Shiny
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:57 pm
Location: Bradford

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Shiny » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:45 pm

Shiny wrote:Squad of 29 with about tu'pence left.


On the plus side I am sure this weekend will be the only time this season I can put a full team of starters out so I am reveling in it.
The green, black and gold army.

User avatar
Puja
Posts: 10333
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Puja » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:57 pm

Shiny wrote:
Shiny wrote:Squad of 29 with about tu'pence left.


On the plus side I am sure this weekend will be the only time this season I can put a full team of starters out so I am reveling in it.


I'd laugh if there was a late withdrawal somewhere.


I had the choice between SSimmonds and Willis for captain this week. I'm not saying that I chose the wrong one; I'm just saying that Willis owed me a giant game now.

Puja
Backist Monk

User avatar
Shiny
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:57 pm
Location: Bradford

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Shiny » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:08 pm

Puja wrote:
Shiny wrote:
Shiny wrote:Squad of 29 with about tu'pence left.


On the plus side I am sure this weekend will be the only time this season I can put a full team of starters out so I am reveling in it.


I'd laugh if there was a late withdrawal somewhere.


I had the choice between SSimmonds and Willis for captain this week. I'm not saying that I chose the wrong one; I'm just saying that Willis owed me a giant game now.

Puja


He he. Luckily I chose the right one.
The green, black and gold army.

Scrumhead
Posts: 5182
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:33 am

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Scrumhead » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:09 pm

I have 29 with £600k left. My first couple of mistakes are not picking Sam Simmonds as captain and not picking Dan du Preez to start.

User avatar
Stom
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:57 am

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Stom » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:14 pm

Scrumhead wrote:I have 29 with £600k left. My first couple of mistakes are not picking Sam Simmonds as captain and not picking Dan du Preez to start.


I can’t remember if I had du preez starting or in the bench. Glad I swapped Willis for Simmonds.

User avatar
Shiny
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:57 pm
Location: Bradford

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Shiny » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:29 am

In the words of a certain Mr D Trump “Stop the count”. I’m in 4th place in the league my highest ever position.
The green, black and gold army.

User avatar
Puja
Posts: 10333
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Puja » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:36 am

Shiny wrote:In the words of a certain Mr D Trump “Stop the count”. I’m in 4th place in the league my highest ever position.


And you're not even in the Trump position of having counted most of your points already - you've still got most of your starting XV to play. Good start sir!

Puja
Backist Monk

switchskier
Posts: 1406
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby switchskier » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:43 pm

So who's regretting not selecting Simmonds as captain? Only 3 out of 18 players in our league don't have him at all and 6 of the current top seven selected him as captain.

Quite a lot of similarities between the teams so far, so should be fairly close. Still think double points for the captain distorts the game a bit too much.

User avatar
Puja
Posts: 10333
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Puja » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:00 pm

switchskier wrote:Quite a lot of similarities between the teams so far, so should be fairly close. Still think double points for the captain distorts the game a bit too much.


The first week's always the easiest - you get to pick your whole squad based just around that weekend and not have to budget for the future. Let's see how many of the teams still have Simmonds in Jan after the rotation has bitten and we've had to start selling to get XVs out.

I quite like the captaincy doubling points - it's unusual that almost everyone's chosen a player with such a good points haul to make it such a binary issue. Normally, half the people have picked someone who went off with concussion after 3 minutes, or spent 59 minutes bridging over rucks before being subbed.

I still believe JWillis is gonna come through for me this week though.

Puja
Backist Monk

User avatar
Shiny
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:57 pm
Location: Bradford

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Shiny » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:18 pm

Puja wrote:
Shiny wrote:In the words of a certain Mr D Trump “Stop the count”. I’m in 4th place in the league my highest ever position.


And you're not even in the Trump position of having counted most of your points already - you've still got most of your starting XV to play. Good start sir!

Puja


Thank you, it’s only taken 4 years of crashing and burning to get to this point.
The green, black and gold army.

Scrumhead
Posts: 5182
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:33 am

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Scrumhead » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:22 pm

Puja wrote:
switchskier wrote:Quite a lot of similarities between the teams so far, so should be fairly close. Still think double points for the captain distorts the game a bit too much.


The first week's always the easiest - you get to pick your whole squad based just around that weekend and not have to budget for the future. Let's see how many of the teams still have Simmonds in Jan after the rotation has bitten and we've had to start selling to get XVs out.

I quite like the captaincy doubling points - it's unusual that almost everyone's chosen a player with such a good points haul to make it such a binary issue. Normally, half the people have picked someone who went off with concussion after 3 minutes, or spent 59 minutes bridging over rucks before being subbed.

I still believe JWillis is gonna come through for me this week though.

Puja


Agreed. Choice of captain can be the difference between an average week and a good week, but it’s rare that a player scores so many points and so many have him.

Still kicking myself. I just had a feeling Worcester would have a good game and Hougaard regularly scores 45-50 points. He had a good enough week, but pretty modest by his standards and dwarfed by Simmonds’ haul.

User avatar
Stom
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:57 am

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Stom » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:58 pm

Well it turns out I made 2 silly mistakes I’m not subbing out players I bought who weren’t playing, lol. First week when everyone has a full squad and I’m 2 players down!

User avatar
Puja
Posts: 10333
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Puja » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:11 pm

Stom wrote:Well it turns out I made 2 silly mistakes I’m not subbing out players I bought who weren’t playing, lol. First week when everyone has a full squad and I’m 2 players down!


Unlucky. Do you not have the upgrade? I think it's always worth paying for. Life is made so much easier with the green and red dots, not to mention being able to filter the players list by "Playing this Week".

Puja
Backist Monk

Scrumhead
Posts: 5182
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:33 am

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Scrumhead » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:37 am

50% of the money from the upgrades goes to Restart Rugby too which we should all be happy to support.

So far, I’ve had a pretty decent week. Apart from missing a big opportunity with Simmonds, I can’t really complain. Hopefully my Wasps and Bristol players will top it off today.

Really struggled with the choice of Willis or Young and just went with the latter on a hunch.

User avatar
Shiny
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:57 pm
Location: Bradford

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Shiny » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 am

Puja wrote:
Stom wrote:Well it turns out I made 2 silly mistakes I’m not subbing out players I bought who weren’t playing, lol. First week when everyone has a full squad and I’m 2 players down!


Unlucky. Do you not have the upgrade? I think it's always worth paying for. Life is made so much easier with the green and red dots, not to mention being able to filter the players list by "Playing this Week".

Puja


I agree, the cost of the upgrade split down over the season is so negligible it’s a bit of a no brainier especially for what you get.
The green, black and gold army.

User avatar
Stom
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:57 am

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Stom » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:15 pm

Puja wrote:
Stom wrote:Well it turns out I made 2 silly mistakes I’m not subbing out players I bought who weren’t playing, lol. First week when everyone has a full squad and I’m 2 players down!


Unlucky. Do you not have the upgrade? I think it's always worth paying for. Life is made so much easier with the green and red dots, not to mention being able to filter the players list by "Playing this Week".

Puja


Not sure it would have made much difference, I just forgot to login and change the lineup, even though I knew I had 2 players who weren’t playing.

Scrumhead
Posts: 5182
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:33 am

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Scrumhead » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:17 pm

Some really strong scores in our league this week.

Still no idea who most of the teams belong to though?

Peej
Posts: 1434
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Peej » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:31 pm

At one point I was in the Top 10 for the entire game, not so much now. I'm amazed at how good our league is, to be honest - I'm already streets ahead in the other leagues I play in, yet I'm in 11th in ours!

Decent forwards effort, but my backs were pretty terrible. I'd backed Woodward, De Glanville, O'Flaherty and Luke James to do well but they all underperformed.

User avatar
Puja
Posts: 10333
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Puja » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:59 pm

Puja wrote:I quite like the captaincy doubling points - it's unusual that almost everyone's chosen a player with such a good points haul to make it such a binary issue. Normally, half the people have picked someone who went off with concussion after 3 minutes, or spent 59 minutes bridging over rucks before being subbed.

I still believe JWillis is gonna come through for me this week though.

40 points in the end. I'll take that.

I thought I'd had a pretty good week, but I'm 13th in our league and 1253rd overall! Some very high scores this week.

Puja
Backist Monk

User avatar
Stom
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:57 am

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Stom » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:44 am

Puja wrote:
Puja wrote:I quite like the captaincy doubling points - it's unusual that almost everyone's chosen a player with such a good points haul to make it such a binary issue. Normally, half the people have picked someone who went off with concussion after 3 minutes, or spent 59 minutes bridging over rucks before being subbed.

I still believe JWillis is gonna come through for me this week though.

40 points in the end. I'll take that.

I thought I'd had a pretty good week, but I'm 13th in our league and 1253rd overall! Some very high scores this week.

Puja


SSimmonds does that.

Well, I’m sure I’ll be equally terrible all season. I don’t have full confidence in my backs. I’m pretty sure my pack will score regular points but the backs outside the half backs are something of a lottery for me.

Scrumhead
Posts: 5182
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:33 am

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Scrumhead » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:47 am

I scored 555pts which is actually my best ever opening week, but I’m still frustrated that it could have been so much better.

That is how this game is though ... one or two decisions can make a big difference and in a way, that’s what I love about it. It’s infuriating, but it compels you to try to fix your mistakes and come back stronger.

I really should have picked Willis, but then I’m hoping he gets recalled for the Wales game.

User avatar
Shiny
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:57 pm
Location: Bradford

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Shiny » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 am

560 points and highest ever position of 4th in our league. Stop the count..........
In all reality though this was a ridiculously high scoring week for everyone. I am sure normal service will be resumed next week. I agree about the high standards of our league, everywhere else I am top three and in our league I am normally about 9th.
The green, black and gold army.

Scrumhead
Posts: 5182
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:33 am

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Scrumhead » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:08 am

It really was. Given the average score for players is probably around 20pts, Sam Simmonds’ 63pts was the equivalent of 3 ‘normal’ scores or 6 if anyone picked him as captain!

That’s really bumped up the average score given he was the player most picked as captain. I’d be surprised if there’s many in the top 100 who didn’t have him as captain.

Peej
Posts: 1434
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Re: The Rugby Magazine Fantasy partners with Restart Rugby

Postby Peej » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:50 am

Scrumhead wrote:It really was. Given the average score for players is probably around 20pts, Sam Simmonds’ 63pts was the equivalent of 3 ‘normal’ scores or 6 if anyone picked him as captain!

That’s really bumped up the average score given he was the player most picked as captain. I’d be surprised if there’s many in the top 100 who didn’t have him as captain.


it's the only thing that means I can at least keep in touch. If I hadn't had him, my average-to-good week would have been terrible.

Unlimited transfers this coming round, btw, for those that haven't seen it


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mellsblue, Raggs, Which Tyler and 64 guests