EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Moderator: Puja

User avatar
Stom
Posts: 3139
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:57 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Stom » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Mellsblue wrote:11 Brown
14 Ashton
15 Daly.
Obviously.


Nah.

Needs Nowell at 13. And we need to call up Goode to play 10.

Or...

10 Ford
11 Loz
12 Farrell
13 Devoto
14 Slade
15 Cips

p/d
Posts: 1533
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby p/d » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:13 pm

Back 3 of Brown, Nowell and May

Stick the bludgeoners at 12 and 13. And,if fit, no arms at 10

If not then Ford at 10 with JJ parachuted in at 13

Mikey Brown
Posts: 5616
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Mikey Brown » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 pm

Is that the dream or the nightmare? I genuinely can’t tell.

p/d
Posts: 1533
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby p/d » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:55 pm

Mikey Brown wrote:Is that the dream or the nightmare? I genuinely can’t tell.

The dream Mikey, the dream!

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 9633
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Mellsblue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:36 am

p/d wrote:
Mikey Brown wrote:Is that the dream or the nightmare? I genuinely can’t tell.

The dream Mikey, the dream!

I’d hate to see the nightmare. Wait a minute, i already have, haven’t I. It’s that but with Youngs at 9.

Mikey Brown
Posts: 5616
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Mikey Brown » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:52 am

I'm hoping we get Robson at 9 and Devoto straight in for Farrell at 12 if not fit, but I'm not holding my breath. 9. Robson 10. Ford 12. Devoto 13. Tuilagi 21. Youngs 22. Slade would be interesting.

TheNomad
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:19 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby TheNomad » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:17 am

You might not want to hold your breath on that one...though it would no doubt be exciting

Timbo
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:05 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Timbo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 am

Exciting for Irish fans certainly.

Digby
Posts: 10479
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:17 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Digby » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:19 pm

Burgess is starting to cut it very close if he wants to play in another world cup

Banquo
Posts: 10050
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Banquo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:17 am

Maro apparently out for 8 weeks.

Digby
Posts: 10479
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:17 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Digby » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:01 pm

A shame, bar the pens he was playing very well

User avatar
Gloskarlos
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Gloskarlos » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Seems that Braley has an Italian grandparent and has been called up to train with the Azzurri.

User avatar
Puja
Posts: 6922
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Puja » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Gloskarlos wrote:Seems that Braley has an Italian grandparent and has been called up to train with the Azzurri.


Huh. Good luck to him. Don't think he was ever going to trouble England, so hope he does well for them.

Puja
Backist Monk

User avatar
Gloskarlos
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Gloskarlos » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Puja wrote:
Gloskarlos wrote:Seems that Braley has an Italian grandparent and has been called up to train with the Azzurri.


Huh. Good luck to him. Don't think he was ever going to trouble England, so hope he does well for them.

Puja


Agreed, just a bit out of the blue! Also means we are one down on EQP.....

Timbo
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:05 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Timbo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Seems to be growing speculation that Cippers is off to France for next season- apparently he’s told Glos that’s what he’s doing- and Manu to Racing.

If I was the RFU i’d be feeling a little peeved at losing two massive talents, ostensibly over money, when they’re bending over backwards by not playing players from abroad as part of the agreement with the clubs. You’ve got the likes of Wasps with two All Blacks on massive money at 10 and 13, the likes of Bath throwing their hat into the ring for Pollard/Cruden etc. Rightly ask the question as to why we can’t keep Manu and Cipriani in the country.

fivepointer
Posts: 3331
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby fivepointer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Good luck to Braley. The Bristol Italian connection strikes again!

On Cips and Manu i guess they've considered their options and want a payday in France. Always disappointing to lose good players but Cips isnt required by England and Manu has done a fair bit of service for Tigers.
I'd welcome moves to make recruiting big name, big money imports more onerous. We should encourage developing players in the academies and utilising home grown talent wherever possible. How about eliminating the marquee player allowance and shifting it to players who have come through the clubs academy?

Banquo
Posts: 10050
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Banquo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:27 pm

fivepointer wrote:Good luck to Braley. The Bristol Italian connection strikes again!

On Cips and Manu i guess they've considered their options and want a payday in France. Always disappointing to lose good players but Cips isnt required by England and Manu has done a fair bit of service for Tigers.
I'd welcome moves to make recruiting big name, big money imports more onerous. We should encourage developing players in the academies and utilising home grown talent wherever possible. How about eliminating the marquee player allowance and shifting it to players who have come through the clubs academy?

Not sure about that on Manu.....he's been paid a lot of money per minute over the last three or four years.

User avatar
Which Tyler
Posts: 5095
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:43 pm
Location: Tewkesbury
Contact:

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Which Tyler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:33 pm

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... j8mtiVtPpw

"Beno Obano is now fully training with the squad at Farleigh House and has been doing live scrummaging following the multiple knee ligament injury he suffered last May.
Blackadder said we could see him in action by the end of the month, if not in March."

"Anthony Watson, who has been out for 11 months with an Achilles' tendon injury, has done some contact work and some dynamic, resistance sprinting. He doesn't have a return date yet, however. "

Scrumhead
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:33 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Scrumhead » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:34 pm

Looking increasingly unlikely Watson can make the World Cup IMO.

There are 9 league games left (plus the potential of 2 more if Bath make the play-offs), but that’s next to no time if he doesn’t even have an estimated return date.

I just don’t think he has enough time left to get up to speed and build the kind of form he’d need to challenge the current group of wingers in the England squad.

User avatar
Mellsblue
Posts: 9633
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Mellsblue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:43 pm

I think he has enough credit in the bank to prove his fitness and form over the summer and during the warm up matches.

Timbo
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:05 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Timbo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:11 pm

I think if Watson is medically fit and in tip top condition he’ll be involved in the World Cup training camp. If he’s looking good in training and the warm ups I can see them taking a chance on him.

World Cup is still 7 months away, so no reason why he can’t be in great physical shape by then.

Digby
Posts: 10479
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:17 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby Digby » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:33 am

Yep, if Watson is fit he's in the squad. What happens with the starting XV with Watson and Cockanasiga to come back I don't know, but Watson is one of the top ten players in the country never mind top 30

twitchy
Posts: 2275
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:04 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby twitchy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am

Timbo wrote:Seems to be growing speculation that Cippers is off to France for next season- apparently he’s told Glos that’s what he’s doing- and Manu to Racing.

If I was the RFU i’d be feeling a little peeved at losing two massive talents, ostensibly over money, when they’re bending over backwards by not playing players from abroad as part of the agreement with the clubs. You’ve got the likes of Wasps with two All Blacks on massive money at 10 and 13, the likes of Bath throwing their hat into the ring for Pollard/Cruden etc. Rightly ask the question as to why we can’t keep Manu and Cipriani in the country.



Incredibly frustrating as an england fan. Just as manu start to get a run of games together ffs.


twitchy
Posts: 2275
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:04 am

Re: EPS Watch / Player Form Thread

Postby twitchy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:21 pm

That injury sounds horrific.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Banquo, Danno and 21 guests