DC Sound Attack

Moderator: Puja

User avatar
richy678
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:01 pm

DC Sound Attack

Postby richy678 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Danny finally coughs up the bile.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49649056

Renniks
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:12 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Renniks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:24 pm

I'm not sure I understand his point about people working harder…

Being born somewhere isn't harder than moving there
Playing worse than someone isn't harder than not

And, I'm sorry, but I find it hard to take someone with 84 caps for England seriously when they're whinging about not making more money abroad

User avatar
morepork
Posts: 4912
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby morepork » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:27 pm

It's got to be a kick in the teeth though, getting overlooked with your 84 caps for someone named after a tin of beans.

Renniks
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:12 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Renniks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:29 pm

morepork wrote:It's got to be a kick in the teeth though, getting overlooked with your 84 caps for someone named after a tin of beans.


I'd be more frustrated that I'm being overlooked by Mr “inconsistent and liable to have a shocker” Ben Youngs

Danno
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Danno » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:03 pm

I thought the thread was referring to Cips for a moment.

User avatar
Puja
Posts: 7218
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Puja » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:44 pm

morepork wrote:It's got to be a kick in the teeth though, getting overlooked with your 84 caps for someone named after a tin of beans.


He was actually dropped before the 6N (for Robson and Spencer) and wasn't picked for the South Africa tour the year before, so it's not like he hasn't had time to get used to the idea. It's very different to Toner's situation, where he's gone from first choice to f*ck off in very short order.

I do appreciate his annoyance at being overlooked, especially in such a position of weakness for England, but he has had plenty of chances under Jones and not impressed, so really that strikes me as more his problem than anyone else's.

Danno wrote:I thought the thread was referring to Cips for a moment.


I read the first paragraph of the BBC article thinking it was Cipriani and got myself very confused before actually reading what was there, rather than what I thought was there.

Fair play to Cips for being dignified so far, as he's got a greater cause to be annoyed than Care IMO.

Puja
Backist Monk

fivepointer
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby fivepointer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Got a bit of sympathy for Care as Heinz has come from nowhere to claim a spot.
But it has been plain for a while that he wasnt really in Jones's plans so its hardly a bombshell he wasnt selected.
Think that Robson and Spencer can feel more aggrieved as they were given virtually no game time to stake their claims.

Danno
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Danno » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:31 pm

fivepointer wrote:Got a bit of sympathy for Care as Heinz has come from nowhere to claim a spot.
But it has been plain for a while that he wasnt really in Jones's plans so its hardly a bombshell he wasnt selected.
Think that Robson and Spencer can feel more aggrieved as they were given virtually no game time to stake their claims.


This, plus the article reads more as personal disappointment at his situation than any sort of serious attack on anyone

User avatar
morepork
Posts: 4912
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby morepork » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:06 pm

DC Sound Attack DJs like a mad c***t.

User avatar
richy678
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby richy678 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:00 pm

morepork wrote:DC Sound Attack DJs like a mad c***t.


Eh?

User avatar
morepork
Posts: 4912
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby morepork » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:49 pm

richy678 wrote:
morepork wrote:DC Sound Attack DJs like a mad c***t.


Eh?

DC Sound Attack sounds like a DJ. Sorry. I will see myself out.

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 3066
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:41 pm
Location: Dominating the SHMB

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Lizard » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:39 pm

richy678 wrote:
morepork wrote:DC Sound Attack DJs like a mad c***t.


Eh?

He's referencing ancient antipodean pop culture. This was sort of a proto-meme from the dark ages when we had to make them manually:
Image

EDIT: If you don't know who John Howard is, he was PM of Australia 1996-2007 (i.e. 7 Aussie PM's ago - Pork is nothing if not up-to-date)
______________________
Dominating the SHMB
======================

Danno
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Danno » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Lizard wrote:
richy678 wrote:
morepork wrote:DC Sound Attack DJs like a mad c***t.


Eh?

He's referencing ancient antipodean pop culture. This was sort of a proto-meme from the dark ages when we had to make them manually:
Image

EDIT: If you don't know who John Howard is, he was PM of Australia 1996-2007 (i.e. 7 Aussie PM's ago - Pork is nothing if not up-to-date)


I'll bet anyone fifty quid that biro-newspaper proto-memes will make a massive global comeback within 5 years.

User avatar
morepork
Posts: 4912
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby morepork » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:39 pm

That factual rendering of Howard’s DJ skillz eclipses any Bansky. Cracks me up every time.

I’d like to thank Lizard, my sponsor through the 12 step program. Every day is a battle.

twitchy
Posts: 2298
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:04 am

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby twitchy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 am

Obviously I don't know any thing about training which I assume a large amount of opinions are formed. It definitely seems that care had a really bad game against japan and was just dropped like a stone after that (any one have a better memory than me)?

Youngs seems to be able to have as many bad games as he likes.

The best you can think about heinz is that he is a solid pro who gives you 6/7 out of 10 every game and keeps the ball ticking over. It's all a bit weird though isn't it.

User avatar
Puja
Posts: 7218
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Puja » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 am

twitchy wrote:Obviously I don't know any thing about training which I assume a large amount of opinions are formed. It definitely seems that care had a really bad game against japan and was just dropped like a stone after that (any one have a better memory than me)?

Youngs seems to be able to have as many bad games as he likes.

The best you can think about heinz is that he is a solid pro who gives you 6/7 out of 10 every game and keeps the ball ticking over. It's all a bit weird though isn't it.


He was dropped mid-6N 2018, IIRC, and was left at home for the South Africa tour. So it wasn't just the Japan game - I think that was more his last chance to stake a claim, rather than the inciting incident.

Puja
Backist Monk

User avatar
richy678
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby richy678 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:21 am



DC Sound Attack.

Danno
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Danno » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:15 pm

That reference should not have escaped me the way it did. Nice one.

Mikey Brown
Posts: 5863
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Mikey Brown » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:18 pm

I had totally forgotten about Clutch.

Danno
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Danno » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:56 pm

Mikey Brown wrote:I had totally forgotten about Clutch.


So had I, but I got into a big stoner/doom mood a few months back and was listening to their latest album a bit.

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 3066
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:41 pm
Location: Dominating the SHMB

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Lizard » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 am

Danno wrote:
Mikey Brown wrote:I had totally forgotten about Clutch.


So had I, but I got into a big stoner/doom mood a few months back and was listening to their latest album a bit.

Try some Wo Fat on for size, then have a main course of Beastwars.

______________________
Dominating the SHMB
======================

fivepointer
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby fivepointer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:37 am

I've turned into my dad. He used to describe bands I used to like such as Led Zeppelin, Wishbone Ash, The Who, Humble Pie and Deep Purple as making a "racket"

Describing the above as a racket is, if anything, way too generous.....

Banquo
Posts: 10352
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Banquo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:45 am

fivepointer wrote:I've turned into my dad. He used to describe bands I used to like such as Led Zeppelin, Wishbone Ash, The Who, Humble Pie and Deep Purple as making a "racket"

Describing the above as a racket is, if anything, way too generous.....

:lol: :lol: indeed and indeed

Danno
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: DC Sound Attack

Postby Danno » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:23 am

Lizard wrote:
Danno wrote:
Mikey Brown wrote:I had totally forgotten about Clutch.


So had I, but I got into a big stoner/doom mood a few months back and was listening to their latest album a bit.

Try some Wo Fat on for size, then have a main course of Beastwars.



I'll check them out, thanks.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests