Have I been banned?

theboyeedj

Re: Have I been banned?

Postby theboyeedj » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:31 pm

You've got to be careful, any bugger can get in otherwise, even if they've not been seen on RR for about 8 years lol.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

JellyHead

Postby JellyHead » Thu May 05, 2022 9:11 am

I seem to have fallen foul to this too since last friday. On WiFi at home I'm banned but mobile or other Internet connections are fine.

I tried to contact the admins but not heard anything. I don't know if that is an unmonitored mail box.

Puja

Postby Puja » Thu May 05, 2022 9:38 am

JellyHead wrote:I seem to have fallen foul to this too since last friday. On WiFi at home I'm banned but mobile or other Internet connections are fine.

I tried to contact the admins but not heard anything. I don't know if that is an unmonitored mail box.

I'll get someone to look into it. I sometimes find restarting my router solves the problem when it happens to me.

Puja
Backist Monk

JellyHead

Postby JellyHead » Thu May 05, 2022 10:00 am

Puja wrote:
JellyHead wrote:I seem to have fallen foul to this too since last friday. On WiFi at home I'm banned but mobile or other Internet connections are fine.

I'll get someone to look into it. I sometimes find restarting my router solves the problem when it happens to me.

Puja

Cheers Puja

cashead

Postby cashead » Fri May 06, 2022 12:56 am

You’re definitely not on the ban list, so I’m guessing it’s an IP address issue. It can happen with shared addresses.

Mikey Brown

Postby Mikey Brown » Fri May 06, 2022 9:43 am

I’m remembering a day after I’d got blackout drunk, with the worst hangover anxiety I’ve had in my life, seeing that I’d been banned from here and spent the entire day (until getting back to the comfort of my home IP address) wondering what I might have said. Something so bad it didn’t even come with a warning or temporary ban, just a full on “fuck off, you’re gone forever”. It was quite an alarming sensation.

I wish I’d seen this thread before that happened.

JellyHead

Postby JellyHead » Fri May 06, 2022 4:24 pm

I'm able to access the site again whilst connected on my WiFi. Thanks to everyone who did anything.

JellyHead

Postby JellyHead » Sat May 07, 2022 7:24 am

JellyHead wrote:I'm able to access the site again whilst connected on my WiFi. Thanks to everyone who did anything.

And now banned again after having to restart my router. Ho hum. I can add reading RugbyRebels to my list of reasons to go to the pub. Every cloud.

acw303

Postby acw303 » Thu May 19, 2022 7:08 pm

I have the same.. on home WiFi banned but any other connection fine.

Puja

Postby Puja » Thu May 19, 2022 8:23 pm

I have no power over the accidental banhammer, but my experience has been with BT that, if you turn your router off at the wall and then restart it, it allocates you a new IP that is not on the banned list.

Puja
Backist Monk

Sandydragon

Postby Sandydragon » Tue May 24, 2022 11:32 am

Folks,

We have a number of IP addresses that have been placed on the banned list previously due to individuals misbehaving on the board or to geo-block areas of the world from where we were experiencing high levels of spamming. I've review them this morning and removed all IP address bans.

As Puja points out, your broadband provider may allocate you an IP address which has been previously used by a member who has been legitimately banned. This issue should be resolved now, but if you do experience any issues then please try and find out the IP address that you are using to access the board so I can check in more detail.

JellyHead

Postby JellyHead » Tue May 24, 2022 6:22 pm

Thank you sorting this.